1. Francesco Cardinale (ITALY) - Advanced imaging for perirolandric resections
2. Kristen Park (USA) - The implications of neurogenetics for epilespy surgery
Epilespy / SDR Session
1. Maximilliano Nunez (Argentina) - Epilepsy-Temporal lobe anatomy: a 3D journey
2. Helen Cross (UK) - New ways forward in management of childhood epilepsy
Anesthesia and the Brain
1. Vesna Jevtovic-Todorovic (USA) - Anesthesia and the developing brain: Is there a cause for concern?
2. David Polaner (USA) - Anesthesia and human neuodevelopment: many questions with incomplete answers.
1. Michael Bell (USA) - Variation in clinical care of severe TBI
2. Chris Giza (USA) - Rules of the game for pediatric concussions
3. Amy Brooks-Kayal (USA) - From mechanism to medicine: new therapies on the horizon to prevent pot-traumatic epilepsy
4. Chris Giza (USA) - Look and you will find: cEEG monitoring for early post-traumatic seizures
5. Michael Bell (USA) - Findings from and international multicenter study of pediatric TBI-ADAPT
1. Mark Kieran (USA) - Biology Driven Treatment and re-classification of gliomas in the era of precision medicine
2. Terry Fry (USA) - Immunotheraphy for pediatric brain tumours: challenges and opportunities
Clash of the Titans: High tech or low tech for CSF shunts: Does it make a real difference?
Debaters: Conor Malluci, Mariane Juhler, John Kestle and Harold Rekate
Debaters: William Harkness, Ezio Di Rocco, Anthony Figaji and Michel Zerah
Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
Debaters: Graciela Zuccharo, Robert Keating, Wan Tew Seow and Sergio Cavalheiro
Raimondi Award Winner
Sebastian Eibach (Germany) - Unjoined primary ans secondary neural tubes: juntional neural tube defect, a new forma of spinal dysraphism caused by disturbance of junctional neurulation
William Harkness (UK) - 2017 Annus Mirabilis. A global view of neurosurgery for children
A new approach to poster presentation that was introduced already in Kobe continue bringing good results also in Denver.
Each poster presenter had a chance to present his work to a group of interested delegates. Chairs moderating each poster group also allowed time for discussion for each poster.
During the 4 days there were 2 poster sessions wherewe could hear about the following topics:
1. Day Topics: Craniofacial, Dysraphism, Functional, Spine, Vascular
2. Day Topics: Hydrocephalus, Neuro-Oncology, Neurotrauma/Critical Care